Sunday, March 6, 2011

Aint no mountain high enough, aint no track short enough


Maisie's 12th birthday, climbing, the Edge - not Froggatt Edge, too dangerous and too outside for this time of year. The Edge climbing centre in Sheffield. Kid plus 6 friends + instructor and 20 meter high walls with multicoloured fake rocks to cling onto = a good party venue. Especially as there was not much room for spectators, so it was necessary for adults to sit next door in the cafe and drink coffee. Back to Top o' th' Hay for pizza, cake, fruit kebabs, DVD and hanging out, without ropes this time.



















In need of endorphins to survive seven 12 year olds, I went for a run on Saturday morning - I kept going for 26 minutes  - it might have been longer, but I could see the car and my pace quickened at the thought of stopping. After the success of Saturday, I went for another on Sunday. All was well with the world, I ran a greater distance and kept going for four minutes longer. Unfortunately - after sitting down for a while, I lost all ability to move with any comfort. Who said exercise was good for one? There was an advert for a Marathon on the TV - mum politely asked if I was going in for it. Not blinking likely. At least my wii fit instructor will be pleased with me, we've been on rocky ground since the fish and chip incident in Blackpool.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday party. Hope Maisie and friends enjoyed every bit of it. Jordan

    ReplyDelete