Friday, April 15, 2011

Moving times



Not home, but work. We have moved offices at work, I am now working in the big scary library known as Western Bank Library. I keep getting lost as it's a rabbit warren. For a while I kept turning up in strange offices, smiling and saying hi I'm Rachel, my team has just moved to the old serial office and I'm finding my way around, seemed to work quite well, though I'm not sure I'll be able to get away with it next week.

We left our old office with a traditional morning tea for the librarians we were leaving behind. My team went to the local supermarket on mass (all 5 of us) It was exactly like Reservoir Dogs except with librarians as we walked along. An intimidating sight for anyone I'm sure! Also, I've decided that if ever I have a shop that sells pastries, I'll have a sign on the door saying 'one librarian at a time' similar to the school kid signs you see on sweet shops! Enough said.

After our morning tea, we strode up the road to new beginnings. Of course we had to stop at a cafe for more coffee. After coffee we went …no not the new office, the pub. after all it would be a couple of hours before our desks and pcs were set up. Who ever said librarians were stuffy tea drinking, tight wearing bespectacled twin set donning ladies, we know how to live!

On arrival at the new office, the existing occupants had made lovely rainbow welcome signs and there was cake. Perfect for afternoon tea. All in all a good day. And - the library is right next to a really lovely park, with a lake, ducks and trees in full blossom, perfect for lunch tomorrow.

I love daffodils, they are so ridiculous. 



No comments:

Post a Comment