Monday, January 11, 2010

The only tarts in Bakewell


Well, we have been in Derbyshire for a couple of weeks, and a trip to Bakewell was long overdue.

We bought a Bakewell pudding, a pork pie (going for the extreme healthy options) and a lottery ticket (non winning type). Bakewell has changed since I were a lass, with the library being in a permanent structure, and boasting a swimming pool. Oh yes, a host of shops selling gorgeous nick nacks that one cant live without.

I was impressed from the outside of a cluster of buildings boasting studio spaces, and a gallery...will need further investigation.

The second hand shop proved fruitful, selling me some lovely napkins and a table cloth, which I will sew all over and convert into masterpieces.

1 comment:

  1. Cheese! I see me! ^_^ That was a good day then. Remember the curly tree! It was awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete